RSS Feed to Wordpress Blog

Search Amazon

Friday, November 10, 2006

Oh No... Here We Go Again...

So after this guy Baalslay sends me his little email yesterday which I guess was supposed to lead me to Calvin, uh, I mean Christ... I get another email from the guy I had the original disagreement with (Daytime). He felt the need to engage in his usual ad hominem argumentation which can be seen in the original conversation.

Basically this is what he said (I'd post the whole email but it was mostly nonsense, whining and complaining) -- He said that my responses to the scriptures he posted were unscriptural... Well of course they were, they disagreed with his interpretation, why wouldn't they be? (wink) -- Next I was told that I took things 'blatantly out of context', although I don't know if he was talking about scripture or his comments... either way he is incorrect. Then I was accused of not responding to or posting the verses that 'expose my position' even though I responded to everything he said and posted our entire dialogue in full.

Then he starts whining about me calling him a Calvinist as if he wasn't one. He asks if that was a theological debate, I don't know... was it? To me a debate requires intelligence on both sides of the issue... a requirement he failed to meet (jk). He said that I didn't even try to defend my position... yeah, imagine that... I spent all those emails just supporting his and not defending mine. He said that I was fond of phrases like "ad hominem and the like because [they] make [me] sound like a theologian, and [they] stroke the ego of one (which would be me) who simply has not a clue."

Well, I'm fond of phrases like ad hominem because they accurately describe arguments aimed toward the person and not the person's argument. And I guess Daytime has a bad understanding of exactly what a theologian is. Since theology is the study of God, then anyone who engages in this practice is a theologian, including, yes you guessed it... ME! And if having a clue would make me believe the stuff that Daytime believes, then I'd prefer to stay clueless.

He then rambles on about how Calvin didn't define the words, "predestination, election, chosen, or preordained" and asked how I define them and what my authority is. Then he urges me to use the "spiritual dictionary" (presumably the Bible) and asks me to stop calling myself 'prophet' if I don't agree with him.

Yeah, I know... I found it all quite silly as well... Like I said yesterday... I was done with this a year and a half ago. Everything I had to say was said then and since then I have yet to speak with a Calvinist, even the ones I like, who has been able to convince me that their position is correct. So I'm gonna need a little bit more then ranting in an email sent to the "brethren" and myself. Until then I'm secure in the truth and will continue to follow it whereever it leads...

B"H