RSS Feed to Wordpress Blog

Search Amazon

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Note to All Catholics

I'd just like to ask any and all Roman Catholic or Eastern Orthodox believers when entering into dialogue/debate with me on any given subject, please don't ask me where my authority comes from to interpret a text or a doctrine a certain way or to disagree with you and your sect. Such a nonsensical question is the height of ridiculousness. I'm not RC/EO therefore I'm not impressed or influenced by your preferred hierarchy. I'd like to know who gave you the authority to ask such a stupid question and also who gave you the authority to disagree with me? (of course I'm being fecetious, but you get the point). So once again, if we are going to disagree and discuss our disagreements, just know that I don't need the approval of the magesterium or Orthodox bishops to hold my views. I'm one of those Sola Scriptura guys, and yes... I realize that not everything is written in the Bible... Just like I realize that the vast majority of people who object to the doctrine of Sola Scriptura are really objecting to a caricature of it.

Thank you