RSS Feed to Wordpress Blog

Search Amazon

Monday, January 29, 2007

Open Challenge

So I was checking my email yesterday and came across something from this guy named Christopher who has a little website called Foundation of the Nations. He wrote concerning my screen name 'Prophetnick77' and had a problem with my use of the title 'Prophet'. Look at these two comments from his original email to me and see how ridiculous his problem actually was.

First he said, "Reguardless of your doctrine, I wanted to comment on the fact that you call yourself with the title 'prophet'."

He later said, "So, you see brother I am not making a point about your doctrine, but about your motive for the use of a title to try to establish your identity in the eyes of men instead of allowing the fruit of a prophet to be established."

Notice that his problem was with a title and NOT my doctrine. How completely superficial is that? I responded to his email and asked that he follow Jesus' command in John 7:24 to judge not according to appearences, but rather judge a righteous judgment. He replied by saying that he took the time to check out some of the content on my site and then wrote it off as the 'same old Babylonian doctrine' that he used to believe. Pretty general, I know, I know... But that's what I got.

So I took a couple of minutes and browsed his site (which is pretty messy just by aesthetical standards) and came across an article by a man named Mike Vinson. I was familiar with the article as it used to be posted on L. Ray Smith's web site and I have interacted with Smith in the past. He also had an article which he excerpted from J. Preston Eby, and on his links page he links to Smith's site. The common denominator is that all these men are Universalists. I know that Smith and Vinson deny the Trinity although I'm not positive if Eby does. So from his association I concluded that he too was a heretic and I then challenged him to a debate on any of the following 4 doctrines.

1. The Trinity
2. The Hypostatic Union of Christ
3. The Virgin Birth
4. Justification by Faith Alone

So as of now, this is where I stand... I have given an open challenege to debate these topics... Time will tell if he wants to or not. What I do not want to do is go back and forth with him and his subjective interpretations of scripture. I'm not interested in what any passage, chapter, or book says to him personally. I'm interested in the important things like DOCTRINE, not titles or the way the Bible makes us feel.